- 100% Cotton
- Double Face Vintage Pinstripe Rib Knit fabric
- One wash
- 1980's crewneck thermal motif
- 100% Cotton thread sewing construction
- 4-needle Flat Seam construction (on a Union Special 36200)
- Ribbed neckline featuring 3-needle stitching construction
- Washed fabric (to eliminate shrinkage)
- Vintage reproduction ribbed cuffs
- Also available in Black and Two-Tone Gray
Loop & Weft once again delivers a standout piece for 2023 that features construction and details that stay true to their simple creed of "Best Knitwear in Japan". The fabric features an exclusive 100% Cotton pinstripe knit, meticulously reconstructed using a rare vintage knitting machine based in Wakayama. This reconstruction was based on a thorough analysis of finely ribbed stripe knits from bygone eras.
Unlike ordinary rib knits, the special double-faced fabric boasts distinct outer and inner layers, creating a striking appearance with delicate two-tone vertical lines. It adheres gracefully to the body's contours, while also boasting a thickness similar to thermal fabrics.
The design draws inspiration from 1980s crewneck thermals and is meticulously sewn using a vintage 4-needle Union Special 36200 sewing machine, ensuring comfort and ease of wear. In addition to the classic and atmospheric ribbed collar and cuffs, distinguished by different fabric colors, the neckline is flattened using three needles to minimize seam allowance.
*Model is pictured wearing a size M. He weighs 59kg (130 pounds) and is 178cm (5’11”) tall.
|Size - CM
|Size - Inches
Made in Wakayama, Japan