- 14oz. Japanese Selvedge "Pop-up" denim
- 100% cotton
- Slim Tapered fit
- 5 button fly featuring Black Coated Iron Buttons
- Black Coated Copper Rivets
- Blue Selvedge ID
- Rope dyed threads
- Pure indigo thread construction - overdyed Indigo warp and weft
- Oiled Brown Lambskin leather back patch
- Leaf Logo on back right pocket
- Black Herringbone pocket bags
Amongst the rarest of the fabrics produced by Pure Blue Japan, at first glance, these look very similar to either the XX-012 or even the XX-017. But if we have learned anything from raw denim, it is that a subtle difference gives birth to a whole new fabric.
The XX-020's "Pop-up" denim features both warp and weft, dyed to the core in deep indigo yarns. The weft however is dyed Cobalt blue to the core, before being dyed once again in deep indigo. This dyeing process was developed to allow for the jeans to fade to cobalt blue, rather than the standard white (as is the norm with most raw denim), hence the birth of the moniker, "Pop-up denim".
*Model is pictured wearing a size 29, Raw Denim. He weighs 59kg (130 pounds) and is 178cm (5'11") tall.
**Raw denim will shrink 1-2 inches around the waist after the first soak.