Expected delivery: End of December
Pre-order closes on October 1st, 2018
- Samurai Jeans Original 20oz. Unsanforized Selvedge Denim
- 100% Cotton
- Regular Straight Silhouette
- Samurai Jeans Original metal hardware (Rivets and Buttons)
- 5 golden metal button fly with Samurai Jeans embossing
- Fifth coin pocket selvedge detail
- Samurai Jeans Original Indigo Jacquard pocket bags
- Samurai Jeans Original cowhide leather patch
- Samurai Jeans Original back pocket stitch
- Hidden pocket arcs
- Samurai Jeans Original Rayon tag
- Center belt loop offset
- Samurai Coin Purse included with each pair
This commemorative model pays homage to the Battle of Ganryujima - the famous duel between legendary swordsman Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojiro. On April 13th 1612, Musashi (aged about 30) arrived 3 hours late to the appointed location of the duel on the remote island of Funajima, north of Kokura. The duel was short - although Kojiro was wielding a nodachi (Japanese Longsword), Musashi killed his opponent with a bokuto (wooden sword) that he had carved from an oar while traveling to the island. Musashi is said to have fought over 60 duels undefeated, although this is a conservative estimate as it likely did not account for deaths by his hand in major battles.
*Size chart measurements represent the jeans post-soak.
**Waist dimensions represent a 360 degree method of measurement.