Sustainability at OD

Our Decisions Mold Our World

After making internal commitments as a company back in 2019 to be more socially responsible and hyper aware of the impact our business has on the environment, we've hit a few major milestones recently that fulfill our ongoing pledge to be a more sustainable e-commerce business.

 Sustainable Packaging - Our Biomass Resin bags

Proudly introducing our brand new proprietary packaging, developed with sustainability superheroes, Biomass Holdings in Niigata, Japan.
Trademarked in Japan in June 2018, Biomass Holdings invented a material known as Rice Resin, composed of 75% petrochemical (plastic) and 25% recycled Japanese rice.

Reducing our footprint as a company by producing and utilizing this carbon-neutral packaging is a proud venture for us, and we're stoked to continue innovating with Biomass Holdings to develop even more sustainable packaging material for the future.

 The world's first Japanese Indigo Yarn Washi Paper

Introducing our brand new OD + AG "Indigo Yarn Washi", a proprietary Japanese Washi paper comprising of 15% recycled rope dyed indigo yarns alongside the usual Gampi, which consists of the remaining 85%. If you've placed an order over the past few months, you've probably already seen these new heavyweight Indigo Washi invoices appear in your package.If you haven't yet, check out our new OD standard for invoices enclosed in each package!

Eden Reforestation Projects + Good Api

We care deeply about the planet, and creating a conscious business that gives back to nature. That’s why we’re thrilled to share our partnernership with Eden Reforestation Projects to plant a tree for every pair of jeans sold. Eden Reforestation Projects has been restoring forests and providing jobs and financial self-sufficiency to local comunities living in poverty since it's inception. We’re honored to be part of the change by collaborating with the Good Api, and helping Eden Reforestation Projects plant more trees around the world. 

Be sure to check out their impact by reading one of their many success stories here.

Sprout Total Count Banner Will Appear Here After Save

Sustainable Collaborations

OD is striving to make a difference in our collaborations by using more sustainable materials and natural dyes. Check out the sustainable OD+ collection below: