- Limited production of 100 pairs
- 18oz. Indigo x Brown Selvedge denim
- 100% cotton / 100% cotton thread construction
- Sanforized Japanese Selvedge denim
- JB High Tapered silhouette
- Japan Blue Original metal hardware (Rivets & Buttons)
- 5 metal button fly with Japan Blue debossing
- Heavyweight Natural Tochigi leather waistband patch featuring painted indigo diagonal stripe
- Selvedge Canvas pocket bags
With the first sample of this colored weft denim arriving to the lab almost two years ago, we kept this one on ice given all the releases we had last year celebrating our 10th Anniversary. Continuing our quest of collaborating to add value to Japanese Selvedge denim, the latest iteration of our ongoing collaboration series with Japan Blue brings a balanced earthy hue, complimented by the proprietary Slub weave we have developed with Okayama-based crew. For this project, we drew inspiration from the iron meteorite - Siderite. This mineral exhibits a unique rusty brown color with a vitreous luster, properties we felt resonated perfectly with this textured denim.
Clocking in as a sanforized 18oz. fabric milled by the crew over at Collect, the jeans are cut in JB's High Tapered silhouette. This cut offers ample room in the rises and thigh, while maintaining a clean modern taper in the leg. Complete with all the original JB hardware, we opted to keep the details clean with the inclusion of an OD+JB Natural Cowhide waistband leather patch sourced from the famed Tochigi Leather, featuring a single indigo painted diagonal stripe. Selvedge Canvas pocket bags were just the icing on the cake, given that there was just enough fabric available for this 100 pair run, a special OD+ detail we couldn’t leave out.
*Model is pictured wearing a size 29. He weighs 59kg (130 pounds) and is 178cm (5’11”) tall.