Pre-order deadline: January 23rd @ Midnight (JST)
Expected delivery date: End of March, 2022
- Japanese Green Tea (お茶) dyed Sashiko fabric
- 100% Cotton
- One Wash fabric
- Garment dyed fabric
- Momotaro rayon tag sewn into waistband
- Narrow Tapered (0105SP) Silhouette
- Custom arranged Momotaro embossed metal button opening
- Indigo Pin Check Chambray fifth pocket and back pocket lining
- Kakishibu (柿渋) garment dyed Momotaro jacquard Peach Logo pocket bags
- Two off-white Painted "Battle Stripes" on back pocket representing Japan
- Custom Indigo Vat dyed OD+MJ Tochigi Cowhide leather waistband patch
- Copper Male Rivets
- Copper Female Rivets with Momotaro Peach branding
- Each pair ships with a bag of homegrown Green Tea from Okayama
Layering tradition, textile & tactical construction, our latest collaboration with the Okayama Heavyweights comes in the form of a unique Japanese Green Tea (お茶) dyed Sashiko fabric developed by Momotaro for the upcoming season. Taking Sashiko to the next level, Momotaro fuses the deepest roots of Japanese culture with wearable fashion. The Green Tea used in the dyeing process of this pair, is only able to grow on Japanese soil, making this piece that much more unique. Entirely constructed & garment dyed in Japan, this Sashi-ori fabric started out as a natural color, and has been garment dyed to achieve the rich light brown/beige color it retains. Grown only in Japan, Green Tea is revered for its antioxidant qualities.
The fabric is first garment dyed in a composition containing green tea and pigment amongst other ingredients to give the fabric a beautiful hue of beige/light brown. We loved the hue the fabric hit, and couldn't help but remember the garment dyed Kakishibu Jacquard Kamon pocket bags from our "Frost" collection. The color match worked impeccably, and it was obvious to us to bring these back for this latest collab! With no shortage of details and fabric accents on this pair, we opted to line both the back pockets and the fifth pocket with an Indigo dyed pin check chambray, a fabric that features both blue and beige, celebrating the colors of the fabric face & leather patch! Another element we borrowed from the original "Frost" drop are the custom OD+MJ Tochigi Cowhide Leather patches, vat dyed in Indigo to give them an incredibly deep hue of indigo from the get-go. These are bound to bring a patina party to your pants!
*Model is pictured wearing a size 31. He weighs 75kg (165 pounds) and is 175cm (5'10") tall.