- Limited production of 60 pairs
- Samurai Jeans Original 15oz. Unsanforized Back Satin
- 100% Cotton
- Comfort Tapered Silhouette
- Sulfur Dyed Back Satin
- Samurai Jeans Original metal hardware (Rivets and Buttons)
- Iron Matsunoki (Pine Tree) Samurai Original black coated 5 metal button fly
- Customized Black coated "Yamato" Sakura inspired Rivets
- Silver Lamé Selvedge ID
- Fifth coin pocket selvedge detail
- Selvedge lined back pocket detail
- Selvedge button fly construction
- OD+SJ Collaboration Cowhide leather patch
- Samurai Jeans Original Indigo Jacquard pocket bags
- Samurai Jeans Original Indigo Jacquard fabric back pocket lining
- Samurai Jeans Original hidden back pocket stitched arcuates
- Samurai Jeans Original Black Rayon tag
- Beige chainstitch hem construction
Proudly introducing the second installment in our ongoing collaboration series with Samurai Jeans, allow us to welcome the "Cadet". Starting at the top, this team up between ourselves and Samurai Jeans does not have a set time frame or protocol to follow. When the right idea & fabric flows, we get cracking with the design. Hence the use of a 15oz. Selvedge Back Satin in this case, a fun foray away from Indigo Selvedge denim.
Starting with the fabric, this Back Satin is actually going to make an appearance in an upcoming Samurai collection in a washed version featuring different details and fit. We loved the fabric, particularly the bold Silver Selvedge Lamé that plays off the subtle olive coloring of the fabric perfectly. Switching out threading construction colors several times during the design process, we finally settled on a beige with fine luster as a point of pop from the fabric.
Having Samurai do this for us took a touch arm twisting, but we got the brand to customize their standard silver "Yamato" buttons with a little blackout treatment for this collaboration. It was really the only way we felt this pair came together to compliment the Iron Mastunoki buttons which feature the Japanese Kanji character for Samurai. Matsunoki is the Japanese word for pine tree, and upon careful inspection you will see the laurel that surrounds the button pays homage to the pine tree (considered an auspicious omen in traditional Japanese culture).
Never taking feedback lightly from you fine folks, we opened up the measurements a touch across the board (particularly in the Rises & Thighs), to give an even more forgiving silhouette. Featuring a relaxed top block, with a taper starting from above the knee, the Comfort Tapered cut was designed by Okayama Denim for Samurai Jeans. Imagine the top block almost as relaxed as a regular straight pair of jeans, with a combination of high rise & ample thigh room. With the taper starting from above the knee, the jeans slim down in the calves to a narrow leg opening.
*Model is pictured wearing size 31. He weighs 75kg (165pounds) and is 175cm (5'10") tall.
**We conducted a shrinkage test with a size 31, soaking the pair in 44°C (111°F) water for 45 minutes. The pair shrunk -1.5" in the Waist, -2" in the Inseam, -0.5" in the rises, thighs, knee & leg opening.