- Samurai Jeans Original 15oz. Unsanforized Selvedge Denim
- 100% Texas Cotton
- Comfort Tapered Silhouette
- Samurai Jeans Original metal hardware (Rivets and Buttons)
- Assorted Samurai Original 5 metal button fly
- "Yamato" Sakura inspired Rivets
- Silver Lamé Selvedge ID
- Fifth coin pocket selvedge detail
- Selvedge lined back pocket detail
- Selvedge button fly construction
- Samurai Jeans Original Indigo Dyed Kasuri pocket bags
- Samurai Jeans Original Cowhide leather patch
- Samurai Jeans Original Jacquard fabric back pocket lining
- Samurai Jeans Original hidden back pocket stitched arcuates
- Samurai Jeans Original Rayon tag
The name "Legacy" was an obvious choice for us - a retrospective of Samurai's 20+ year history, and pieced together our favorite aspects from the variety of jeans that Samurai have released over the years.
Featuring a relaxed top block, with an aggressive taper starting from above the knee, the Comfort Tapered cut was designed by Okayama Denim for Samurai Jeans. Imagine the top block almost as relaxed as a regular straight pair of jeans, with a combination of high rise & ample thigh room. With the taper starting from above the knee, the jeans slim down in the calves to a narrow leg opening.
For our first collaboration with Samurai using our Comfort Tapered cut, we knew that our favorite 15oz. Unsanforized Selvedge from the S0511xx jeans was the fabric we wanted to work with. A 100% Texas cotton, renowned for its rough texture due to the high content of short fibre cotton. Rather than removing the short fibres to create a softer, smoother fabric as is the norm with producing using Texas cotton, Samurai adds even more short cotton fibres to ensure the yarn is as rough and irregular as possible.
Putting purity on a pedestal, Samurai uses only 100% Texas cotton for the fabric and construction threading of the jeans. As the denim is spun at a high tension, even post-soak/wash, these jeans will actually become even more stiff and the weave further tightened, resulting in a denim with unprecedented contrast and "atari" (fading) with wear.
*Model is pictured wearing size 30. He weighs 75kg (165pounds) and is 175cm (5'10") tall.
**Based on customer feedback, these are estimated to shrink about 1-1.5 inches at the waist but will stretch back to the pre-wash measurement after a few wears. The estimated permanent shrinkage for the rises, thigh & knee is around 0.3-0.5 inches. The Leg Opening will shrink only about -0.1 inches. The inseam is estimated to permanently shrink around 1.5-2 inches.