- Limited production of 98 pairs
- 14oz. Indigo x Beige Broken Twill Selvedge denim
- 100% cotton / 100% cotton thread construction
- Sanforized Japanese Selvedge denim
- JB High Tapered silhouette
- Japan Blue Original metal hardware (Rivets & Buttons)
- 5 metal button fly with Japan Blue debossing
- Heavyweight indigo vat dyed Tochigi leather waistband patch featuring the OD + JB collaborative logo
- 10oz. Black Selvedge Chambray Pocket Bags
Creating a zig-zag pattern in the weave that is otherwise impossible with a conventional Right Hand Twill (RHT) or Left Hand Twill (LHT) weave that is renowned for it's softer hand, Broken Twill doesn't follow either of these conventional rules. Originally developed and brought to market by Wrangler back in the 1960s, broken twill was meant to serve the function of minimizing the inevitable leg twist commonly seen on unsanforized denim.
Broken Twill alternates from left to right on every two warp ends, creating the coveted zig-zag vibes. For this latest in the ongoing collaboration series with Japan Blue, we proudly present the ODJB014 "Sand Slub" Jeans. Initially meant to release prior to the summer (hence the number sequencing being prior to the already released ODJB016 "Dog Days"), the broken twill weave took longer to weave that initially planned, and we were forced to push the release back on these for a few months.
With the intention of bringing something fresh to the market, we opted to weave the broken twill at a slightly lighter weight than our standard OD+JB offerings which usually clock in at 18oz's. In order to highlight the peculiar weave that is common to broken twill, we spiced things up with a strong hue of beige for the weft. Thus the name "Sand Slub" was chosen, with the color closely reminiscent of a sandy beach.
Complete with all original JB hardware, we opted to keep the details subtle with the inclusion of the OD+JB vat dyed extra thick Tochigi Leather Cowhide waistband leather patch, and our favorite 10oz. Black Chambray pocket bags as the little detail you can keep to yourself!
*Model is pictured wearing a size 28. He weighs 59kg (130 pounds) and is 178cm (5’11”) tall.