- Limited production of 98 pairs
- 18oz. Indigo x Blue Slub Selvedge denim
- 100% cotton / 100% cotton thread construction
- Sanforized Japanese Selvedge denim
- JB High Tapered silhouette
- JB Original Arcuate rivets
- Japan Blue Original metal hardware (Rivets & Buttons)
- 5 metal button fly with Japan Blue debossing
- Heavyweight indigo vat dyed Tochigi leather waistband patch featuring the OD + JB collaborative logo
- 6oz. Indigo dyed Oxford fabric pocket bags
From fabric to finishing stitch, these collaboration encompass a full process of production. The latest iteration of our ongoing collaboration series with Japan Blue brings a balanced blue hue sitting somewhere between cobalt & baby blue.
Evocative of crashing waves and rough seas, thematically we decided that our latest heavyweight collaboration model pay homage to 海神 (Kai-Jin) or Sea God in Japanese.
Through-ought history, the Sea has always been heralded as a precarious expanse of the unknown and various deities of mythologies around the world have been worshipped through time.
Historically, Japanese mythology has revered many deities of the sea both in Shinto and Buddhist circles. For instance in Shintoism, Susanoo (スサノオ）, is heralded as the deity of the sea and storms with stories portraying him as a multifaceted deity exhibiting both good and bad characteristics. For instance, while some folklore regarded his somewhat petulant and short-tempered nature the catalyst of violent storms at sea, contradictory tales of heroism including one such story of a sea serpent being slayed at his hands link him to fruitful crop harvests in Japan.
Featured in a sanforized 18oz. fabric milled by the crew over at Collect, the jeans are cut in JB's High Tapered silhouette which offer ample room in the rises and thigh but maintain a clean modern taper in the leg.
Complete with all original JB hardware, we opted to keep the details subtle with the inclusion of the OD+JB vat dyed extra thick Tochigi Leather Cowhide waistband leather patch, and 6oz. Indigo Oxford fabric pocket bags that packs a beautiful contrasting lighter blue hue in the Weft of the weave.
*Model is pictured wearing a size 28. He weighs 59kg (130 pounds) and is 178cm (5’11”) tall.